Camino de Santiago
The Camino de Santiago (Way of St. James, Chemin de Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle, Jakobsweg) is a pilgrimage route to the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia where the remains of Saint James are buried.
There is a rich network of routes towards Santiago throughout Europe. They have been constantly fed with pilgrims for dozens of centuries past. Everybody has crossed the way at some occasion in their life. We decided to really go along the path for a while.
Camino del Salvador, Primitivo y Frances
We plan to leave from Elena's parents home at Los Tornos (in Asturias) to meet the Camino del Salvador, arrive to the Camino Primitivo which we will walk entirely, and reach Santiago by the Camino Frances.
- Los Tornos—Mieres del Camino, ~25km
- Mieres del Camino—Oviedo, ~20km
- Oviedo—Grado, ~24km
- Grado—Salas, ~26km
- Salas—Tineo, ~20km
- Tineo—Pola de Allande, ~29km
- Pola de Allande—La Mesa, ~22km
- La Mesa—Grandas de Salime, ~15km
- Grandas de Salime—A Fonsagrada, ~26km
- A Fonsagrada—Cadavo Baleira, ~25km
- Cadava Baleira—Lugo, ~30km
- Lugo—San Roman de Retorta, ~20km
- San Roman de Retorta—Melide, ~30km
- Melide—O Pedrouzo, ~31km
- O Pedrouzo—Santiago de Compostela, ~21km
- Camino del Salvador: 
- Camino Primitivo: 
- Camino Frances: 
History of our way
- We have had a vague desire to walk the path since we met, c. 2005-2006.
- On 22, November (2011), we decided to resolutely take action to do it. We plan between 2 and 3 weeks walking, in 2012, maybe in September.
- On 11, February (2012), we planned the core of the trajectory: camino del Salvador, Primitivo and Frances starting from our home and finishing in Santiago. We will do fully the historical first path, the one walked by Alfonso II el Casto in the 9th century to visit the newly found grave of the apostle. We will finish our way with the most famous and popular walk. The very first route will be out of the way, to meet it starting from our home, in the tradition of the pilgrimage.
- In August 2012, we had to postpone the date of September as the wedding of Rocio and Daniele took place in the middle of our scheduled time.